Friday, November 11, 2011

My glory and the lifter of my head...

Psalm 3

(Written by David when he was running from his son Absalom.)




An Early Morning Prayer

1 I have a lot of enemies, LORD.
Many fight against
2 me and say,

"God won't rescue you!"

3But you are my shield,

and you give me victory

and great honor.

4 I pray to you, and you answer

from your sacred hill.

5 I sleep and wake up refreshed

because you, LORD,

protect me.

6 Ten thousand enemies attack

from every side,

but I am not afraid.

7Come and save me, LORD God!

Break my enemies' jaws

and shatter their teeth,

8 because you protect

and bless your people.




Sometimes we are overwhelmed by all the troubles we face. Just when we think we have finished with one, up comes another. David says sometimes people think that God has abandoned us. Things are so bad sometimes that we hang our head low in shame and discouragement. But David reminded himself that God is His shield and His glory, the lifter of His head. God will protect us and lift us up. Cry unto God and give Him all your troubles for He hears you. He will give you rest and sustain you. Rest and sleep comes from God. So, do not let your hearts be troubled. God will take care of all the enemies because salvation belongs to Him.
What an apt Psalm to read for those who are facing exams next week.
Psalm 121

1 I will lift up my eyes to the hills—
From whence comes my help?
2 My help comes from the LORD,
Who made heaven and earth.

3 He will not allow your foot to be moved;
He who keeps you will not slumber.


God is our Help, the maker of heaven and earth...He will not let you slip or stumble...He does not sleep...He has you in His palms...

I always sing this psalm when I was young and reading it again just brings it to my mind.


My glory and the lifter of my head (2x)
for Thou O Lord art a shield to me
My glory and the lifter of my head

I cried unto the Lord with my voice (3x)
and He heard me out of His holy hills

No comments:

Post a Comment